The Governor of Florida has confirmed Disney World will be reopening as scheduled!!
We have UPDATED information about Walt Disney World reopening!!
I’m not sure anyone is as excited as I am! I feel like we have been waiting and waiting FOREVER for Disney to finally reopen!
Here is what we know so far:
- July 11–Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom open!
- July 15–EPCOT and Disney Studios open!
- NEW Advanced Park Reservations required for the theme parks
- NO parades or fireworks shows at first
- Social distancing will be put into place
- Barriers in line ques to help with social distancing
- Face coverings are required for guest age 2 and older
- Gaiters are not allowed at the present times–only face masks
- Temperatures will be taken prior to Park or Disney Springs entry
- Experiences will be limited at first (so… no backstage tours, most character meals will not occur, dining menus will be limited, park crowds will be limited)
- Additional cleaning procedures are in place
- Hand washing and hand sanitizing stations have been added…everywhere
- Reduced hours in most locations at first ….Parks will only be open for ten hours, with each park opening at a different time
- Disney transportation will be limited at first
- If you use Magic Express you have to get your own luggage
- DVC resorts: opening June 22 at Walt Disney World.
- DVC resorts outside of WDW: Vero Beach and Hilton Head are open!
- Other Resort Hotels: Other resort hotels will be opening in the near future
- July 29–Caribbean Beach opens
- Aug 12–Poly and Art of Animation open
- Aug 24–Beach and Yacht Club open
- Sept 21–Grand Floridian opens
- Oct 1–Boardwalk Inn opens
- Oct 14–Coronado Springs opens
- Social distancing: There will be physical distancing in pools, lobbies, restaurants, fitness centers, and other public areas.
- Reservations: Guests can book for 2020 and 2021…both hotel and park tickets
- For more info: check out Disney’s Know Before You Go
- Social Distancing: Restaurants will be at a lower capacity than usual.
- Mobile Ordering: Restaurants such as D-Luxe Burger are mobile-order only. Disney is trying to use mobile ordering to help with social distancing! (I’m looking forward to it when we take the grandkids in August…especially since the oldest has never traveled anywhere!)
- Disney Springs: Disney Springs is open
- Park Capacity: Park capacity will be limited. Everyone will need a reservation ahead of time to get into the park. Annual Passholders and those who already have tickets will get a chance to make a reservation before the general public.
- Reservations: ticket sales are on hold until the new Theme Park Reservation system is up and running. More reservations are available for those with Disney Resort reservations than those with annual passes and no resort reservations.
- Parades: No parades at first
- Fireworks: No fireworks shows at first
- Playgrounds: Not open at first
- Spraygrounds: Not open at first
- Social Distancing: CMs will be wearing masks and face shields. Guests are required to wear masks as well. (Masks only. No gaiters.)
- Sanitizing: Additional hand sanitizer and handwashing stations will be available throughout the park. CMs will be doing more cleaning of high use areas, as well.
- General: Temperature checks will be done before entering any Disney areas. “Social Distancing Squad” will be put into place
- Character Meet and Greets: Not available at first
- Characters: Will be showcased around the park (on boats in Animal Kingdom, floats in Magic Kingdom, etc…). You can get pictures of them and selfies, but no pictures with them.
- Rides: Some experiences may be limited.
- Crowds: Crowds will be minimal due to Disney lowering attendance capacities at first
- Magic Kingdom: OPENED JULY 11
- Disney Studios: OPENED JULY 15
- Animal Kingdom: OPENED JULY 11
- EPCOT: OPENED JULY 15
- Meet & Greets: “paused” for now
- Parades: No parades at first
- Characters: will still be seen at the park, just no meet and greets
I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to go!!!
Stay safe! Make good choices! Have fun!!
And check out additional restaurant ideas for your next Disney trip!